Saturday, September 18, 2010

Quads, quads, quads....

I started the morning behind the company. The weather was beautiful. I kept looking to my left (where the buck came from) and to the right (where the does came from) the prior week. As luck would have it, two deer came from behind and must have seen my movement (or caught my scent) and took off like their ass was lit on fire. Shortly after, I heard a deer snorting from behind. I didn't move so it must have caught my scent and it kept blowing. I noticed that it wasn't leaving so I turned ever so slowly and saw a deer in the bushes. I watched the deer worked very slowly to me and just as it was getting to the clearing I drew back. I held (and held and held and held) and suddenly saw that it was a button buck. I heard blowing from further back so I knew that there wasn't just the button. I finally let the arrow down and the button looked at me. He was spooky then...stomping. I waited and saw the other deer...it was a smallish doe but I was going to take her if given the opportunity. She started to walk down the same clearing and after what seemed like forever, I drew back and when I did...the button must have seen the movement and took off. At least I got to see the deer. Oh...by the way...the feeder still isn't working!

In the afternoon I went to the tower. When I was walking into the woods I noticed a quad parked on the hill. I know that there was that kid hunting up there. Several times during the evening two other quads rode around. This went on the entire time and screwed up the hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment