Friday, September 16, 2011

First time out, I guess...

If you don't count the hour of skeeter swattin from last Saturday this is my first real post.  I left work early and went to the recycling center.  I climbed my ladder stand at around 2:45, sat down and started to get ready (put on my face mask, gloves, etc) and I saw a deer to my right.  I stood and prepared without gloves or a face mask.  The doe walked the other way but man, it was really painful to stand there.  Over the next few hours I would see several deer including a doe that decided to nap 40 yards from me from 4:00 to 5:30.  Then, up on the "field" I saw a bachelor group of 4 pretty nice looking bucks.  Nothing came close enough for a shot but there are deer there.  I don't know if I'm going to go back into the ladder stand anymore.  First of all I don't feel secure in it, but secondly, standing is painful.  In my climber I can stand and lean against a tree.  I'm hoping that helps...it was quite disappointing to be in so much pain just from standing there.

No comments:

Post a Comment