Saturday, September 17, 2011

Getting better...

Went back to the Recycle and this time I took my climber.  I only set up 17 yards away from the ladder stand but I was hopeful that this would be better.  I got to the woods around 2:30 after being at Dani's softball games. I sat for a short time, until around 3:30 and a doe came walking down the hill from the old stand sight.  As she walked down the hill towards me I stood up and it wasn't too bad with the pain.  I let her come to within 25 yards of me.  She was almost right next to my ladder stand but still through the trees.  I couldn't quite get off a shot...as the old saying goes, just a few more steps.  Well, she looked in my direction...not necessarily at me, but decided she didn't like something and she turned and started walking up the hill again.  About halfway up she walked towards the front of the property and then away.  All in all, it was a really nice post...beautiful weather, minimalized pain and saw deer.  Maybe I'm on my way back to liking this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment