Friday, November 2, 2012

Post Sandy

Well, I didn't go out last weekend because I was getting a generator to prepare for Super Storm (a.k.a. Hurricane) Sandy.  I decided, after a crazy week of not being able to work because of no phones or internet, to leave early on Friday to do some hunting.  Wouldn't you know it that we got our phone and internet back...no matter, I was taking off anyway!

I decided that I was going to go to Briarcliff today and then dump tomorrow.  I headed over to the spot and the trees down in the area was unbelievable.  It looks like a tornado ripped through, or that someone took a bulldozer and tore down the woods.  When I walked in, I even had to walk under a big tree that was fallen over and being supported by another tree...needless to say i went under that one quickly.  I made my way to the tree and got up.  It was a windy day and to be honest, each time the wind would blow I wondered if any of the trees around me had been weakened by the storm and would fall on me.  It was kind of nerve wracking.  At around 4:30 I had 4 teenage boys hanging around behind me for a few minutes until they walked by me, across the field and then away.  At around 5:30, as it was just started to get a little dark, I saw a deer walking in the field.  I looked through my range finder and saw that at about 50 yards she sat down in the middle of the field.  Just about then, I saw the 4 boys walking back.  They were doing what boys do...smoke, laugh, push each other, etc.  When they walked by me I looked for the deer again and she was gone.  I didn't see her leave but she mustn't have liked the boys walking that close to her either.  That was all I saw for the remainder of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment