Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving.

Made my traditional morning bird hunting trip to Flatbrook with Dani.  I think that Flatbrook is getting more and more crowded.  I was going to start on the first big field and was standing at the edge with Greg when a group of guys walked ahead of us and stood there waiting.  I had two choices, shoot them or move...I chose to move.  I went to the other side at the base of the hill which I typically don't like to do at the first push.  We met up with Amil who also got frustrated and we started together.  When we made it up the hill Harley (Amil's dog) put a bird up and Amil shot it.  We walked together over the hill and split when we got to the top.  We went right and walked around the top of the hill.  As we got to the top, Bacci put up a bird that flew really low.  I held off shooting until I felt that it cleared Bacci and by then, it was kind of late.  We walked around a bit more and as we came to the field near the river two guys called us over because there was a bird in the field that they couldn't find.  We worked with Bacci and he, of course, put the bird up.  Greg and I both shot and missed.  I really am having a hard time this year.  Lastly, as we were on the hillside near the opposite field, a bird came in from across the road.  Two guys in the field shot at it and must have just grazed it and she glided into the hill...right near Bacci (her first mistake).  He chased her down and after both Bacci and the bird came tumbling down the hill, he caught her.  I asked the two guys in the field which one shot her and they both said that they didn't hit her so I took her home.  Now off to Jeannie's mom's house for Thanksgiving dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment