Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Back in the swamp...

So, after my last trip to the swamp I was determined and excited to get back there.  I took the day off of work to go pheasant hunting in the morning and deer hunting in the evening.  I started out by going pheasant hunting at Flatbrook in the morning.  There was literally no one there.  Ok, so there weren't many birds, but in the parking lot was me, Amil and one other guy.  It was a PLEASURE.  When I pulled up there was a bird in the tree above the parking lot and one in a tree across the street.  So at start time, I took the one across the street and Amil took the one at the parking lot.  It's a good thing too because that was the last bird I saw all day. When I was done bird hunting, Bacci and I took a ride around taking pictures.  It was the first day of my new DSLR camera and I wanted to try it out.  I took some pretty nice pictures if I do say so myself. After bringing the dog home, I headed to the club.

When I got to the club I was alone there, which is what I expected.  I went to the swamp and settled in.  It was cloudy but warmish and a nice sit.  I didn't see any deer but I know that this is a hot spot still because there was a lot of sign in the swamp.  I got out and when I did I noticed Gary's car.  He went to 13 and told me that during shotgun, Tony got a 6 pointer and Jeff got a 6 pointer.  Grr.  Still looking forward to going back to the swamp and getting a doe with the smoke pole.

No comments:

Post a Comment