Thursday, December 20, 2012

Nice day off...

I took today off of work to do a little bird hunting.  I went up to Flatbrook and expected it to be empty, but much to my surprise, it was pretty crowded.  I started out on the field side and made my way through the first two and then turned and went up the hill.  I hooked up with Amil at that point and we hunted together.  Soon after hooking up his dog, Harley, went on point at the top of the hill.  A hen bird came bursting out of the cover and he yelled "take it"...so I shot and dropped her.  He apparently didn't have a clear shot from where he was.  We walked all the way to the back fields and didn't see anything else.  There was no shooting at all today.  After I left I took a ride around near Van Campen Inn just to look around and take some pictures (one really nice one of Bacci) and then home.  It was a really nice day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment