Monday, December 3, 2012

Six day, buck week, shotgun, firearms...whatever you want to call it.

This was the start of six day firearms season.  Considering that I foolishly shot a 4 pointer on the opening day of muzzleloader and that I have to get two does before I can shoot a buck at the cull, this would be my best last chance for a buck.  I showed up at the club and there was no one there which was a surprise.  I decided to make my way to the dip stand in the extremely thick fog.  I expected to see deer.  I heard shots from around me.   Not on our property, but close.  One of them actually sounded like it came from the Cadillac stand but I don't think anyone was there.  I got out of the woods around 10:00 and decided to take a siesta. At about an hour into my nap I heard a truck.  It was Tony.  He and Frank had been in the back by the river.  They didn't see anything either.  Tony decided to go to 10 for the afternoon and I went back to the dip.  I got in around 12:30 and sat.  It was a beautiful afternoon.  Warm, sunny and gorgeous.  Certainly didn't feel like shotgun season.  I didn't see anything in the afternoon either.

No comments:

Post a Comment