Saturday, December 8, 2012

Last day of 6-day

Heading up to the club for the last day of the season.  It's been drizzling all night and with the temps rising, it's foggy out again.  I got to the club and was the only one there.  I decided to get dressed and head over to the Cadillac.  It was a nice morning but I didn't see anything.  Hardly heard any shots too.  Again, I stayed until about 10 and then it was siesta time.  I headed back out and got to the swamp about 1.  It was cloudy the whole day but didn't rain which was nice.  At around 4:00 I could see from the far side of the swamp, some movement in the field.  I looked through the range finder and saw some deer heading my way.  I put up the gun and waited.  I had a feeling that they were does but I wanted to be ready.  When they finally passed in front of me, they were about 30 yards away and it was 8 does.  If I had my muzzy it would only be 7 but I was out for bone today.  I sat and watched them pass hoping that they would and wouldn't come into the swamp.  I was on the ground and if they came in I would have been busted and possibly would have screwed the site for a while.  They walked by and then out of the field (I thought).  It was now just about dark.  I was preparing myself to get out of the woods when suddenly I saw movement in the field.  5 of the 8 does made their way back to my spot.  I sat tucked down hoping once again that they would walk by, which they did.  When they passed, I got up and out.  I hope they do that same thing the next time I'm there with the muzzy!

No comments:

Post a Comment