Saturday, November 17, 2007

Dani's first day of 2007


Date: 11/17/07
Season: Pheasant
Location: Flatbrook
Conditions: Cold (27) and sunny.
Summary: Took Dani on this hunt and we met up with Greg there. Wow, what a crazy day. We started out and got about half way through the first field when Bacci put up a cock bird. Greg and I both shot and Greg got it. About 40 more yards down the field the flood gates opened up. All I can remember is that Bacci was working a bird but it must have been a runner. Eventually he put up a cock bird, I shot and it fell…then as I was loading my gun a hen came out, I told Greg to take it, then another hen came out and I took it…in about 10-15 minutes we were done and headed back to the truck. There were birds everywhere you turned, coming from all directions! We hung out for a while just talking and then Dani and I took a ride near Van Campen and just hung for a while and then we came home.

No comments:

Post a Comment