Saturday, November 10, 2007

Opening Day Pheasant!

Date: 11/10/07
Season: Pheasant
Location: Flatbrook
Conditions: Snowy.
Summary: Met up with Greg to hunt. The bridge was out so I parked across the river and walked to meet with him. It was a good day. We flushed one out of the first field and I got it. Then we wandered around. We eventually walked the river and towards the end Bacci put up a hen that we missed and then a cockbird that we shot at and winged it. We also saw a bird being shot from across the swamp and land near the swamp so we went looking for it. Found it and it wasn’t going anywhere…wasn’t dead but was winged. We looked around for more birds and then when we were about to end, we went back and found it dead so I kept it. Altogether Greg and I limited out. I just don’t remember them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment