Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Date: 11/22/07
Season: Pheasant
Location: Flatbrook
Conditions: Sunny and unseasonably warm
Summary: Had planned on just going for a quickie today. There were a decent amount of birds today but it was no where as nutty as the last hunt. Greg brought a friend of his. We went through the first field and there were a few flyovers that we saw. Greg shot at one and got it…just as I got to the end of the first field, by the island, a cockbird came flying across the hedgerow from the other field. I folded it (later to learn that I absolutely smoked it). At the end, there was a bird in the brush, in a tree and Greg’s friend shot it after we tried to throw a bunch of sticks at it to get it to fly…unsuccessfully. We continued through the first field and then to the edge of the river. I ended up with just the one and then I headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment