Saturday, September 13, 2008

Opening day, Bow 2008

Place: The Recycling Center
Time: 5:00am - 11:45pm
Weather: It rained the night before and started out cloudy and muggy and foggy. The sun came out and it was soupy.

I got into the tree at around 5am. I did see someone else come in with thier flashlight and I shone mine at them once or twice and I'm assuming they just got up in the tree. At daybreak, I had a hen turkey clucking around me. She started to yelp a few times too. At around 7:00ish I had a spike come up from down below and up towards my tree. He spotted me as I wasn't very high in the tree and walked around me. Shortly afterwards, a 4 pointer came up the same trail. He also saw me after feeding for a bit but wasn't overly concerned. The spike walked away once the 4 got there. After a minute or two the 4 walked away, unspooked. Soon after the 4 left 4 jakes came by. They fed there for a while and then walked away but stayed in the area for the whole morning walking back and forth feeding. A while later they were joined by a long beard and two hens...they all hung out until I had to get down from the stand around 11:30. Then they hurried off, but they didn't freak. I had a band gig so I couldn't go out in the afternoon. I'm hoping to go on Tuesday, Sept 16

No comments:

Post a Comment