Saturday, September 27, 2008

First evening at the club...

When: Saturday, September 27, 2008
Where: The club - stand 13
Weather: Impending storm...overcast, slightly warm
Time: 3:00 - 7:00

I went to the club in the afternoon. I was the only one there, I saw that Bob had been there in the morning because his name was on the stand 13 sticker, but he wasn't there. I got in the stand and by about 3:15 two does came tearing across the field from the riverside. Obviously spooked by something but I don't know what. Then at around 4:30 a button buck came down the road, across my stand and to the feeder...I sat and watched him for a little bit and then he left. Around 5:30-6:00 there was a spike that came from "up the hill"...meandered around in the field and then went up into the brush. He never showed any interest in the feeder at all. That was all I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment