Saturday, November 28, 2009

I finally had a foursome!!

Ok, so it was still a little crowded, but no where near what Thanksgiving was. This, however, was a great day. We started out into the field and managed to put up a bird. A nice hold for Bacci and I got it on the second shot. We walked through that field and into the next where a flyover came right at Greg...two down. We decided to head into the swamp by first hitting the edge. Greg put up a hen...three down. Then we headed into the swamp...omg! I walked with Bacci while Greg was to my right. Suddenly the dog started acting really birdy. As he worked the scent a foursome took off!! I shot...don't know what at, but I shot...missed everything. We worked that for a few minutes and saw a hen under the brush. I tried to get Bacci on the scent, but then we saw Mikey with Caroline on top of the hill. They shot at two birds that took off from the hillside and one landed in a tree. They didn't show any interest so Greg and I figured that it would be Dani's first shot at a bird. As we walked to the bird, the wind shook it from the tree and it took off....We both shot and she came down in the thickets. We walked over to where she fell and searched for her. As we did, she flew up and we shot....she came down again. A minute later, Greg said "uh oh"...he bent down and picked up the first hen! The one we just shot was a different bird!! We didn't want to waste it so we walked over to the VERY tough thicket and looked for her. We searched for about a half hour and couldn't find her. My only hope is that we missed her and she ran away. What a day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment