Friday, November 20, 2009

The spike is back...

I went out today for an afternoon hunt back at the tower. I decided to head further up today, where I saw all the deer crossing last time. I got my gear together and headed out. It was a beautiful day...warmer than I would like for deer, but beautiful. I got to my tree and put the stand up...then realized that I left my camera on the hood of my truck. So I walked all the way back out to get it. Then back in...by the time I got to the stand again I was sweating...a lot! I set up and at around 4, I heard walking behind me. I knew it was a deer but I didn't want to turn and get busted. I had to!! So, slowly I turned...until I could just barely see that it was the spike...and he was walking towards me. So I lowered my bow and just watched him walk under my stand...he did check me out but didn't freak. She slowly walked up the hill. That was all I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment