Saturday, November 7, 2009

Opening day of pheasant...

What a beautiful day!! It was the first morning that I found it to be really chilly...only about 24 on the way to Flatbrook. The sky was clear and the frost was on the ground. I got to the lot knowing that I only had a short time to hunt...perhaps just an hour or two. After catching up with all the regulars, we headed in at 8. There were birds everywhere. Greg and I went down the first field...after the first field, I had one and he had two. We went to the end and doubled back to go up the hill. We got to the top and seemed to be somewhat surrounded...so we headed back down to the field. Went along the river and then back along the swamp. I headed out and home after that but this is one of those days I could have walked all day and really knew that I could have gotten more birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment