Saturday, October 30, 2010

Biggest deer ever!

Ok, so I headed to the dump today. I got into the tree at around 3ish after a morning of raking leaves at home. I got up into the tree and noticed a loc on stand only 30 yards from my tree!! I couldn't even concentrate because all I thought about was that guy hanging a stand 30 yards away from my feeder! All was calm...just watching the squirrels...it's was a beautiful, but windy day. At 4:00 I heard the leaves rustling (more than the squirrels)...I look to my right and it's that guy that lives across the field. He waves to me and tells me that he has a stand in the woods. I asked him if it was his lock on and he said yes. I said to him, did it occur to you that my feeder was 30 yards from your stand. He had the nerve to say, but no one was here for a month. As if that would matter...but it wasn't true anyway. He apologized and walked off.

At around 5:30 I was looking around and heard something behind me. As soon as I took a peak I saw that it was a deer. I turned slightly and saw horns...and lots of them...and they were big. I think it ended up only being a 6 or so, but the tines were tall, had nice mass and the spread was wide. A really good buck by anyone's standards. By the time I got my bow, grabbed the string with my release the deer was on his way out. He paused at 25 yards to look at me but left quickly. I grunted twice but he wasn't interested. He disappeared to the middle of the woods where the guy went...I saw the deer stop and then take off running. Not sure if the guy got a shot off or spooked the deer. I didn't see either one after that.

Hopefully our paths will cross again.

No comments:

Post a Comment