Thursday, October 7, 2010

Damned Coyote...

I went behind the tower today. It was a beautiful day...a little breezy, but nice. I decided that I was going to try and go below the apartments so I can get to where I saw those bucks the last time I was there. I took my time getting to a tree and was set up and ready by 3:30. By around 5:10 I saw movement from higher up the hill walking towards me. A group of about 6 deer stopped about 60 yards away from me (almost where I sat the last time). They were feeding in the area when all of a sudden they started blowing. I was downwind so I knew they didn't smell me...they started to run. I hadn't moved...what happened? Then, I saw a coyote running towards the group. He followed the group out of sight. About 10 minutes later he came trotting back. Damn Yote!!

At around 6:20 I small buck came from up the hill to my left. It walked calmly to me and under my stand. I did draw on the deer but determined that he was too small. I think that he was a fork...maybe a 5, but with the little pencils on his head it was hard to tell. I let him walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment