Saturday, October 9, 2010

Lucky 4-pointer...

Went out today and it was beautiful...just gorgeous weather. The morning was chilly and still and I went behind the job. All was quiet, however. The only bit of excitement was the fox that came to visit. A nice big one too...then I went to Dani's softball game.

The afternoon I went behind the dump. By this time the wind had picked up. It was still nice, but now pretty breezy. I got into the tree at around 3:00. At 5:00 I saw the old guy that lives across the way come into the woods and walk across. Pretty much as soon as he disappeared from sight, I saw movement coming my way. I stood up and got ready. What appeared was a pretty nice looking four point buck. He came to within 10 yards of me and decided to hang out there for about 45 minutes. So, for this entire time I was standing pretty darn still. I didn't want to spook him just in case someone else was coming. Alas, no one else decided to show up that night. It was cool to watch him though.

No comments:

Post a Comment