Saturday, November 20, 2010

Quail with Danny...

As the title would indicate, I went quail hunting with Danny today. I got up at 3:15 and made the two hour trek down to Danny's house. He lives only 5 minutes from Greenwood which is where we went. Met up with 6 of his buddies and their two brits. It is certainly a different experience down there...walking in the sand and pine trees...field after field after field...broken up only by small woodlots of pine. Very interesting. There were hardly any guys whatsoever and despite the fact that Danny and the rest of the guys said that it was the slowest that it's ever been, I thought that there were a decent amount of birds and it was fun. All except for the time when we put up a bird and as I shot, some guy started yelling that I was shooting too close to him. I, of course, wasn't...this guy was just being an ass. Up in Flatbrook, I'm used to guys being around...I guess they aren't "down south". I did end up getting two birds but came home with 6. Danny gave me Bert's birds and the other guys chipped in too. All in all it was a really fun time. Couldn't go deer hunting because I have to get back to the hospital to spend it with my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment