Saturday, September 22, 2012

Late at the club

Dani had two softball games in Kittatinny today.  I decided that I would go to the first one and then get to the woods.  Took me about 45 minutes to get to the club from the game, which ended at around 3:30 so I got up to the club and dressed by about 4:30ish.  It's a little later than I would have liked, but no problem.  I was the only one there which kind of surprised me.  I decided I would take my own stand and sit in the hedgerow that I got my first deer at (first deer at the club, that is).  It was sunny and quite warm.  I walked across the field and looked for a place to set up.  It's changed since the last time I was at that hedgerow and a tree was blocking the path of where I would hope the deer would come from.  It was thick in all directions and made that stand no good until I can get in there and do some clearing.  I walked my stand back to the truck, and by now I am sweating like a pig.  After dropping it off I walked back into the field and tucked myself into the hedgerow that I shot my turkey from.  I didn't go that far into the field however and at 5 I saw a buck and a doe trotting from the corner of the field over to the swamp.  I KNEW that I should have set up in the swamp!  I moved myself closer to the corner and tucked myself into the spot that I got my turkey at.  I saw nothing more and although it was hot, it was nice to be in the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment