Tuesday, September 4, 2012

It's almost here!!

Saturday starts opening day for deer! A few new things this year...I got my new bow, so I'm going to put to the test. I've been shooting it really well...after my initial disaster. I know I didn't write about it, but when I first got the bow I was sighting it in and when I took a shot, missed the target and put an arrow through my central air conditioning line (cost me $300 to fix). So I've been nervous about shooting in the backyard so I've relegated myself to my club or the shooting range. I've been shooting 4 to 5 inch groups from 15 yards out to 35 yards.  The bow shoots nice.  Also new this year is that there is no deer check in stations.  It will probably cause a lot of guys to lie about what they get, but I'll of course report everything accurately.  You just have to call in a number...that's sweet!  Lastly, today, I registered for some new property.  It's in Hackettstown (actually Independence) but it's a Nature Preserve.  Not sure how it will be but I'll try it...take a look.  So, here's to opening day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment