Saturday, September 8, 2012

Opening day was a washout...

Today was opening day for archery.  Despite the really hot temps I decided to hunt anyway and headed to the dump in the morning.  It wasn't too terrible, only around 70 something so I didn't even break a sweat on my way in.  I set up in my stand quickly and had a really nice post.  As soon as the sun came up I quickly remembered why I love this sport.  I saw nothing but some squirrels and then I had to leave at 9 to go see Dani's softball games.  As I was driving to the game it down-poured...heavy!  So much so that when I got to the field, they cancelled the games.  I checked the weather forecast and they were calling for severe storms in the afternoon, even had tornado warnings.  So I skipped afternoon post.  The season is long so I didn't feel like sitting through a tornado!

No comments:

Post a Comment